Winter seems so bleak this year. Maybe it just the time of the year, but everything feels so heavy. There have been so many difficulties in the past year.
- so many of our friends have lost their parents this year
- many friends have given up on making their marriages work
- we’ve had our own personal weight of caring for an aging parent in failing health
- businesses have ended
- relationships strained
- and the general difficulty of making it through the holidays with sanity intact
But there have been good things too.
- the rekindling of old friendships
- new kids born and announcements of more to come
- businesses blossoming in spite of the difficult times.
- new friends that have become valuable members of the family
- two words: drama reduction
The new year is just days away and with it comes the annual hope that we will be better people in the coming days; that, somehow at midnight, everything becomes new again.
Hope is never a bad thing.