A Psalm of David, for the Current Administration
- Why do you boast in evil, O mighty man?
The lovingkindness of God endures all day long.
- Your tongue devises destruction,
Like a sharp razor, O worker of deceit.
- You love evil more than good,
Falsehood more than speaking what is right. Selah.
- You love all words that devour,
O deceitful tongue.
- But God will break you down forever;
He will snatch you up and tear you away from your tent,
And uproot you from the land of the living. Selah.
- The righteous will see and fear,
And will laugh at him, saying,
- “Behold, the man who would not make God his refuge,
But trusted in the abundance of his riches
And was strong in his evil desire.”
- But as for me, I am like a green olive tree in the house of God;
I trust in the lovingkindness of God forever and ever.
- I will give You thanks forever, because You have done it,
- And I will wait on Your name, for it is good, in the presence of Your godly ones.